This time without pictures –
- I keep taking pregnancy tests. Okay…I’ve taken two over the last six months. I keep psyching myself out thinking that I’m pregnant. And not just kind of pregnant, but like TOTALLY alien child growing in my bellah pregnant. I heard about “phantom kicks” all the time while I was with child, and kept thinking “HAH stupid women, there is no way I could mistake phantom kicks for the real thing.” eating.my.words (er…thoughts?)
- Obviously the above means I’m over 9 months postpartum and still haven’t had a reunion with my little red friend. Totally normal for breastfeeding mamas, but it still seems so strange to me. And breeds paranoia. I’m worried that I’m not going to recognize cramps, or that tell tale “trickle” feeling I always got right before the whole thing assaulted my underwear (was that TMI?) and it’s just going to show up and embarrass me while I’m doing something important. Also, I kind of miss my period. I miss charting (even for avoidance) and I miss my Diva Cup!
- It figures that I had totally clear skin for over a year and the week I’m getting my head shots taken for my work website – I break out like a mofo. WTF?!
- Oh.em.gee I’m not so sure I’m ready to take two nonstop 4.5 hour flights and two nonstop 3 hour flights with a baby in the next month. At the time of booking it seemed like a genius plan to avoid multiple take offs/landings and long connection times…now…oh geez…
- This bullet was originally a political rant that went no where other than me bitching. Insert mental image of Jaye ranting on politics.here.
- I love my new food processor. I’ve been meaning to write a post about her (yes, her) because she is so beyond fabulous. I splurged on this beauty when our old one died due to too much cookie pie making. Best decision of the century. I had no idea how much I could love a piece of kitchen machinery. We eat insane amounts of salad now thanks to the ability to slice and shred all the ingredients for a gourmet salad in under 30 seconds. Oh and it PULVERIZES the beans for my cookie pies. It’s like magic.
- We’ve been watching a lot of movies lately (Friday evenings are officially Redbox Night in our house) and I’ve noted the following: Drive and The Help are two of my favourite movies of the year. I was thoroughly NOT impressed with Hugo. I don’t think it’s a bad movie, just slow, and it did not grab me. (I will admit, part of the problem could be that The Hubs and I spent 90% of movie commenting on how perfect the lead actor is for his upcoming role as ENDER WIGGIN in Ender’s Game) Also, although I only watched five minutes of it since I’m freaked out by those types of movies, Contagion was not nearly as scary as I expected. And Footloose was strangely totally entertaining. Even The Hubs liked it.
- If you have an iPhone and don’t have the Redbox app…get it. There is nothing better than seeing what movies are available at your corner Redbox and being able to reserve them prior to getting there.